The activity aims to support research for the development of sustainable technologies, new products and innovative processes which contribute to
• Expanding the raw materials base by using CO2 (instead of crude oil) or
• Increasing energy efficiency and reducing CO2 emissions.
This contributes to achieving the following general goals:
• Lowering dependence on crude oil and natural gas
• Using CO2 as a raw material
• Doubling energy productivity by 2020
• Reducing CO2 emissions by up to 40% by 2020
The chemical industry is the first link in a number of value added chains. Increasing production efficiency in this sector will benefit all production processes and products at later stages.
The funding activity thus supports science and industry in developing and testing innovative technologies and processes with the aim of promoting structural change: In the longer term, economic activities must be based on renewable and alternative materials rather than on oil and coal in order to ensure the sustainability of the German economy.
[PDF - 1.07 MB]
[PDF - 280.9 kB]
[PDF - 5.24 MB]